Butter (for the cups)
1 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut up
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Lightly butter six 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the cream and butter. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until it melts completely.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Whisk in the sugar mixture until the batter is smooth and thick. Gradually whisk in the chocolate mixture until blended.
5. Divide the batter among the prepared cups. Set them on a baking sheet. Bake them for 25 minutes or until they are just set. Let stand for 5 minutes, then run a dull knife around the insides of the cups to loosen them. Invert them onto plates and serve warm or at room temperature.