Thursday, October 2, 2008

Cafe Rio Pork

I've made this recipe twice, once for pulled pork sandwiches and the other time for burrito filling. So you know you can use this recipe for range of different things. For me it turned out fabulous both times! (I forgot to take a picture but will post one the next time I make it!)

Cafe Rio Sweet Pork

3-4 lbs pork roast (can substitute chicken)
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups salsa

Mix ingredients in a crock pot and let cook for 10 hours on low.
*Note: I put the salsa and brown sugar together in the blender and liquefied them together, just because I had chunky salsa.

It's as easy as that! Now I won't claim that this recipe tastes EXACTLY like the pork from Cafe Rio but it is pretty dang close!

I got this recipe from another blog and the link is triedandtrues.blogspot.com/search/label/pork
If you go to her site, she also has the recipes for the Cafe Rio house dressing, cilantro rice & black beans!

No comments: